- I hate today, the way I woke up to the shrill of the alarm
Aching and drowsy, I stand, wanting to throw it at the door
But it cost too much
- I hate how you make me feel, like I’m not good enough
Am I not good enough for you?
Why aren’t I good enough for you?
And will I ever be?
- I hate that I try so hard
Mostly for myself
Not for you
But you make me feel like it was all for you
Because you remind me of my failure
And how it hurts you
- I hate how I accept you, tolerate your bad days
I see in your eyes how fragile you are
But you stand behind your tall walls
Throwing your daggers of hate
How can I not love you?
And I wonder late at night
whether you would do the same for me
- I hate when you tell me to kill myself
Tell me to jump off a bridge
But I didn’t mean it, you chuckle
It was a joke, you say
But I’m not laughing
- I hate when I come home, to darkness
To cold sheets and empty frames
To echoes of the days before
- I hate that you laughed at me
At my insecurities
You say you see me,
but i feel invisible in your gaze
- I hate when my jaw aches,
after biting into my favourite food
Is this what it has come to?
- I hate when she says he’s not my type
he’s too dark, too white, too fat, too short
Is he not a being?
Does he not have feelings?
More beautiful than the cage he is contained in?
- I hate how he chooses girls
The ones with the open arms and eyes
Am I too much for you?
Am I so boring to you?
- I hate when I open my heart
Open my mouth
Let my words out of caves
Either everyone is sleeping
Or they just don’t care
- I hate that I love my solitude
I love my loneliness
Caress and ache for it
But the world does not understand